Faron Woods Remix Faron Woods Remix

Interesting Mix

Faron Woods is one of my favorite songs (and places) in TP. So it's always good to hear a decent remix of it.

The samples you used gave this a more mystical sort of feeling to the song, but the only thing holding this back was the percussion. It was a bit unfitting to the rest of the song. I think some quieter, less prominent percussion would have suited it better. The beat did get interesting right near the end there, though.

Props man, it wasn't too bad.

Zelda TP: Midna's Theme Zelda TP: Midna's Theme

A bit too much brass

It's a very cool song. Interesting to hear this song on a full orchestra.

The only part I don't like is how the beginning strings are a bit awkward, and then the brass kicks in and practically replaces the strings. The brass sounds fantastic, but I think this song would be so much better if it were mostly string ensembles with lighter brass in the background. The strings also come in too loud at certain parts and it sounds a bit awkward.

Anyway, a good experiment that was decently executed. Keep at it.

Boltplay Boltplay

Very dark and mysterious

I really like the style here. Powerful but almost relaxing. The ONLY thing I found off was the bass being a bit too much. I could definitely hear some distortion in the low frequencies. For some reason it didn't annoy me as much as it normally would with any other song, but this song isn't a "normal" song in my opinion, so it almost feels like it fits the theme. Were you perhaps going for a lo-fi type of song?

anyway, a very good song. Downloaded and added to my library. :D

Neurotangent responds:

Most of my songs end up sounding slightly lo-fi due to my laptop being pretty low-end nowadays, but it's something I've come to love, in a way. Thank you for the review and download :D